Use caution. When the total amount due is unknown (for example when you check into a hotel), merchants have the right to pre-authorize the purchase, which puts a hold on the funds. A restaurant, for example, might hold up to 20% or more to cover whatever you tip. To avoid this kind of hold, we recommend that you call hotels and rental car companies first to inquire about their prepaid card policy.
Articles in this section
- Why is my Card declined when buying online if I have enough money for the purchase
- Why doesn't my Card balance show any money taken off once I have bought something
- What happens if I attempt to purchase something but I don't have sufficient funds in my Account
- How to pay bills with my Card
- Using my Card to pay for gas at the pump
- Using my Card at restaurants, hotels or rental car companies
- Using my Card outside the US
- When making a purchase at a store with my Card, should I select credit or debit?